If you belong to a Jewish family and your child has grown up to an age of 12 or 13 then you must be aware with the importance of Bat Mitzvah and Bar Mitzvah ceremony. This is celebrated as a big event that includes inviting all your guests and relatives whether local or residing out of town. To invite the guests it is obvious that you will send them the invitation cards informing everything about the event. But before these invitation cards it is always good to send save the date cards to your relatives.
Save the date cards are those cards which inform your guests about the event so that they could find time to attend the ceremony. Here we are discussing with you various do’s and don’ts to keep in mind while sending save the date cards.
- As these cards are sent so that people can change their schedules and preplan for your ceremony. In these busy times, people used to fix their schedule for months. So you should send the save the date cards at least four months before the event. It is also important for out of town guests who have to arrange for air or railway tickets to come to you.
- Save the date cards is a new trend in Bat Mitzvah and Bar Mitzvah ceremony. Some people may not understand the meaning of these cards so it would be beneficial if you clearly mention phrases like “save the date” and invitation to follow”. With this they would know that invitation is still to come. It is just to schedule your journey.
- While sending save the date cards, it would be helpful for your guests if you mention details about hotels and travel. You can also mention your child’s website related to Mitzvah ceremony if you have. In case you don’t have one, you can insert a print out list of hotels with save the date cards.
- These days photo Bar Mitzvah save the date cards are also in vogue where you paste your child photograph on the cards. You can also opt this for innovative cards.
- If your budget allows you to spend more money, then go for the latest designed save the date cards in the market. If you want you can also give them a traditional touch or some theme related to your child personality.
- There is no need to add a reply card with save the date card. These cards are just for information. It is not required to get a response about them.
- Create a list of people whom you are sending save the date cards. This is because you should not miss any guest while sending invitation cards. For save the date cards you may miss some of your guests.
If you would consider above do’s and don’ts while sending save the date cards we are sure that you will not come across any complaints from your guests during the ceremony.